In this blog-post, you will learn how to create a Tree View in an Odoo 8 module.
What is Tree View in Odoo?
- Tree View also known as List View shows multiple records in the form of a list (rows and columns).
- Each row represents a record of the database table.
- Tree View is used to show important data, i.e only some important columnsÂ of the model/table.
- You can do various operations on Tree view that is sorting, filter and group by.
Example of a Tree View :-
Code for creating a Tree View:
<!-- Tree View for Student Information -->
<record id="student_tree_view" model="ir.ui.view">
<field name= "arch" type = "xml">
<tree string="Student Information">
Steps for creating Tree View in Odoo:
- All views are stored in the database, in the
ir.model.viewmodel. To add a view in a module, we declare anÂ
<record>element describing the view in an XML file that will be loaded into the database when the module is installed.
- The root element of a Tree View is <tree>
- Now inside tree tag define all the important fields that you want to add to the tree view.
SnapShot of Eclipse IDE:-
Hope you learnt how to create a Tree View inÂ Odoo module, your reviews/comments/suggestions/doubts are most welcomed, please comment in the section below, and subscribe to the newsletter to receive timely future updates of this blog.